Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 4 & 5: Sick & Soda

Im feeling a bit under the weather today. I have colds/stuffed nose and my throat hurts!
I woke up late so I got to eat my breakfast late, around 1.5hrs after waking up. My nose is so stuffed its difficult to swallow without my nose making a noise! yes thats right!, my nose is making a noise!! :D funny and irritating at the same time. So I kept having warm green tea, pressing the warm mug on my face to ease the congestion.

However, I stuck to my eating plan and did not deviate one bit. I couldnt believe that I have gone 4days without deviating. Actually, I expected this to more than tough. But Im glad I went past through it with medium difficulty. Maybe I had planned my day well to avoid having temptation get to me. Like I havent gone out with friends yet, or maybe coz the weekend has not arrived yet. I do have a birthday party to go to on Saturday and I was thinking of not going. I reckon Im not that strong enough yet.

The office doesnt help either. Today, there was a big meeting and just outside the meeting room were heaps and heaps of chocolate chip cookies, muffins, croissants and other sweet breads.  Nyahhhhhh!!! I looked at those cookies so longingly.. and walked on by..

I think I need to experiment with different recipes on my next batch of cooking. Im getting bored with just the salty and peppery taste. The easiest is to add curry or hot spices, but eh, Im not allowed to have any spicy stuff. How cruel right???? I can do the cooking with sprite thing. :/ I wonder why am I not allowed to have anything spicy? hmm I asked this from my consultant, and the reply I received was:


Having hot spices will slow your progress down and so we ask that you please avoid them for now.
I know, but why?!

Best to just obey right? Its for my own good eh? *pout*

Today is power yoga day. My nose is super stuffed and i have a mild fever! :/ I can still go, it is my rule that if my sickness does not involve fever and body pain, I would still go to the gym, even if its just a few minutes on the treadmill, or going to the sauna or just driving and getting inside the parking lot! then leaving afterwards. More often than not, after 20-30minutes walking on the mill, I end up wanting to do more, AND honestly, I do feel better afterwards. It could be the adrenalin rush, but it made me keep going.

Thats how I developed the habit of going to the gym. I didnt force myself to excercise well ALL the time. I just need to get my butt in there, and from there it became a part of my day. Once Im inside the gym, I just keep wanting to do more than what I intended to.. most of the time.

I decided not to go though :( Because I also learned my lesson 2 wks back, I was feeling the same but I forced myself to do pump and step and was able to finish and felt energized afterwards. But in the evening, I was knocked out, knocked out at home very sick for 3 full days! I cant afford that right now, so I just went home, ate my dinner at 8, and I fell asleep even before the 2hr mark. I was waiting for it, but I guess I was sick so I just dozed off. You know that situation when you are trying to keep your eyes open.. dozing off.. waking up.. dozing off.. waking up.. then finally snore your way into oblivion! :D
* Peace *
--------

Day 5

I woke up today slightly better, my colds are a bit better.Im glad I took that rest yesterday evening and it was good I had my meals prepared in advance, I didnt feel like cooking nor eating at all!

I noticed that I wanted to drink Sprite Light yesterday and today, to which I did. I never was a soda drinker, ever! This is allowed in the CD, 3 cans a day in fact, but I still am skeptical about it. Ive always seen softdrinks as really bad, and if ever Im having one, I will have only 5 sips of it. Never really fancied it. I had one today as well, and I feel fat already.. Go figure..

Still deviation free today. But per my standards I have deviated. I took on the CD with a goal of cooking for myself, so for this entire phase, I vowed not to eat anything aside from what I cooked. This morning I had a yogurt and a fruit, as I couldnt really bring myself to get out of bed. I thought of bunking work but no, I still went.

Oh and its someones birthday too.. I swear, this office is abundant with temptation every single day!!

I went for hatha yoga today and i fell on my ass while doing the headstand.. :( i did the class ok but i can still feel like im not a 100%. Ive been sick on and off for 2wks and I blame it on the weather.. I will try to make it to powe yoga tomorrow morning. That is if i wake up

I made my 3days worth of meals, so I can concentrate on the weekend on updating my CV and actually applying for jobs! I have been putting this off for quite some time now. Procrastination.. uff!

Good night..

No comments:

Post a Comment